• Frame Modified For Ramped Barrel
• Clark Match - Ramped Barrel
• Briley Drop-In Bushing & Ring
• 1911 Barrel Link Kit
• Nowlin Pro Drop In Trigger Kit
• Advanced Competition Extractor (Aftec - Now Millenium Custom)
• Med Ultra Light Trigger - (Measured 2 lb. Pull)
• 1911 Slimline GVT G10 Grips (Black & Gray)
• 820HCS Hardcore Firing Pin Stop, S/S
• Bullet Proof Firing pin
• Government Model S/S Slide Stop
• Higher Magazine Catch Stainless
* Slide Modified for Ultradot L/T (slide modified by Andrew Macfarlane of http://admgun.com/)
• Chip McCormick Power Mag +
My Thoughts: The Taurus was my first 1911 and it wasn't long before I was shooting the gun in steel challenge matches at the Dallas Pistol Club. The Taurus would make a good carry or home protection piece. It was reliable from the get go and if I'd left it alone it would have been fine. Then I carried it to the DPC and started shooting steel challenges and was hooked. The Taurus was not made for competition and for shooting 300 rounds a weekend for months on end. The first part that broke was the slide stop. After that it was a cascade effect.
The above list is what it took to bring the gun up to a competition level. It is now reliable, accurate, and highly maneuverable. I took a lot of grief on the slide mounted Ultradot, but It's made it through one match weekend and 200 rounds. It remains to be seen if the Ultradot will hold up under the stress I put it through. Using this gun I made it into the top 10 shooters at the DPC, Real Steel Match on February 27, 2011, placing 6th overall. Current load specs follow, but I'm working on a lighter load.
Vihtavuori N-320 (at 4.8 gn.)
Precision - 200 RNF (Precision Bullets - http://precisionbullets.com/)
COL - 1.226 - 1.228
*Place cursor inside image and a magnified view will appear to the right.
*iPhone users will not be able to use the zoom magnify feature. iPad users - multi-click inside the image and to change views to the right.
*Links to the full size image. ( 1 ) - ( 2 ) - ( 3 ) - ( 4 )
If you would like to contact me, please use the contact form.
*I have a passion for rebuilding websites so that they can be seen on the smartphone platform. CAS Designs Networks.